France: Day Three

 Monday, August 22, 2011

So I've already told you that I went horseback riding through the sunflower fields, so instead of blabbering on about it I'm just gonna post pictures. Good plan?



Now that we're done with that, I'm gonna talk about FOOD. (Mostly because it is my very most favorite thing ever, and there's lots of it here).

I am in serious danger of getting uber fat while I'm here. Honestly, much more of this and I'm gonna be the butt of all the fat jokes. They'll say "Yo mamma's so fat, she has to stand next to Morgan just to feel skinny."

Seriously though, I am discovering a whole new world of flavors and foods, its incredible. I'm eating new and strange foods, but also old familiar foods. Somehow, though, the "familiar" foods are not familiar at all. They look the same, they smell the same, and they even sound the same as I slice into them. But when the flavors dance around on my tongue, I don't know them. We are strangers.

This is actually a very good thing. You wanna know why? Because all these foods I've always thought I hated with a fiery burning passion actually taste good here! Its incredible. For example: I have always had a serious hatred for mushrooms. They are squishy, they have no color, and they don't taste good. HOWEVER, Marc made this sort of mushroom and herb spread and put it on toast and when I bit into it I really think I  died for a second because it was HEAVENLY. Turns out I don't hate mushrooms after all, I just hate AMERICAN mushrooms.

And that concludes day three :)

3 comments:

Nan August 23, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

I thought I commented on this post. Did it not work? Should I repeat what I said?

I love hearing your voice in my head when I read the words that you write. Love you, Morgan. Thanks for sharing your life there with us.

Morgan-Shae August 23, 2011 at 2:37 PM  

Thank you, Nan. That made me smile :)

Kim August 28, 2011 at 5:57 PM  

Mushrooms!!!! Who would have ever thought? I expect you to cook for me when you get home.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP