France: Day One

 Sunday, August 21, 2011

I woke up on the morning of August 15 in Brussels, Belgium preparing myself for a long day of travel. I went to bed that night in the squishiest bed on the cutest farm in the south of France. I am officially a world traveler.

Oh my bloody bleep, France is BEAUTIFUL. There are fields and fields of "tourne de sol" (sunflowers) EVERYWHERE, and when the sun hits them just right the entire hillside lights up. It is indescribable. I could hardly tear myself away from the scenery long enough to eat dinner.

Which, by the way, was the most bizzare yet strangely scrumtious meal I have ever eaten. It started with a salad. Sounds fairly routine, right? WRONG. It was a strawberry, tomatoe, and basil salad. STRANGE. But, I was brave and gave it a try. It actually wasn't half bad. I don't think I would eat it again, but it wasn't horrible.

Then we had duck meat and rice with some kind of green sauce that made the meat look like poo. However, I have been taught to never judge a book by its cover so, again, I gave it a try. Man, oh man, am I glad I did! It was INCREDIBLE! I didn't leave a single bite behind, and even went back for seconds.

For dessert we had something chocolate and very creamy. I have no idea what it was, but it was like heaven on a spoon.

As much as I LOVE food, I think it's time you met the Tyriee family.

I know its not the greatest picture, but the one in the red shirt is Roman (french boy whose trash got kicked #1), sitting next to him is Alexi (french boy whose trash got kicked #2) , then Tyriee, Marie, Me, and that is the back of Jens head.
Again, not the greatest picture. In my defense, I was more focused on understanding what they were saying than taking pictures. That is Tyriee on the left and his wife Marie on the right.

My host Father, Marc, and my host Mommy Frederique.

This is Jen (the allusive back-of-the-head person)

This is my buddy, Frippo. At first he didn't like me much, but then I snuck him some of the liver (YUCK) that I was supposed to be eating. After that we were great friends.

This is Knick-Knack. He is a typical cat; always craving attention but refusing to admit it.
Well then, that is pretty much it. We drove for hours, we showed up, we ate, and then we slept.

1 comments:

Kim August 28, 2011 at 6:00 PM  

I love the animals. By the way, I just realized that I have posted comments on several of these and they haven't shown up because I didn't scroll all the way down the page and enter the code word thingy. So I love you! And I read these! Over and over!!!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP