France: Day Four

 Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Honestly, does life get any better than this? I think the universe is paying me back for all the nasty pranks its been pulling on me, because this is PERFECTION. The weather is nice and gloomy (just the way I like it) and even when its not, I'm actually enjoying the sun (which is beyond wierd for me). There is bread with every meal, and plenty of fresh JUICY fruit. Mmmmmmm.

On top of all that, I have discovered something absolutely wonderful. I've mentioned it before, but I'm just so excited about it I have to say it again. People in Europe READ. For FUN. Even the kids.

Okay, okay, I admit: there are plenty of Americans that love to read. I don't think you understand though. These people don't just read when they get the chance, they are serious about thier books. There are two hours set aside every day after lunch just for reading. Honest! Its so great.

And so, on my fourth day of France, I spent my day lounging in the "salon" with Roman and Alexi and just read. It was complete perfection.




Roman and I tried to exchange books for a while, but niether of us got very far before we gave up. I read aloud a few sentances (which was not so easy), and we all ended up rolling on the floor with laughter at how rediculous I sounded. They kept saying "funny accent, funny accent" so I challenged them to read my book. It was HILARIOUS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP