France: Day Seven

 Wednesday, August 24, 2011

PARIS! It was everything I hoped it would be and more. Everywhere I looked there was something beautiful. I'm still freaking out a little bit.

I'm way too excited for words, so here are a few more pictures.









I loved seeing all the historical sights and ancient monuments, but I think I had even more fun looking at all the unexpected things. For example, Paris is FULL of graffiti. It is honestly EVERYWHERE, and some of it isn't half bad. Here are a few of my favorites:



Like I've said before, everywhere I turned there was something beautiful, but it wasn't always something I was expecting. One of the more uber cool unexpected surprises was the bridge with the locks. (I don't know what it was really called, and I'm not creative enough to come up with a better name, so we are just going to call it the bridge with the locks. Its my Blog, I'll call it what I want.)

So here's the deal; this is a huge bridge that crosses over the river Seine in the middle of the city. Thousands of couples have come to this bridge and written thier names on a lock, then fastened the lock to the bridge. I don't know what the story is, I don't know who started it, but I do know that it is freaking awesome.



But my absolutely positutely most favoritest part of Paris were the street performers and artists. It was absolutely incredible. People will dress up as a statue and just stand for HOURS, hoping for a tip from an awe-stricken tourist. There were people singing and dancing in the street, hoping for the same thing.




The best part, though, were the painters. I LOVED watching them paint the crowds, or the scenery, or the pictures in thier heads. It was absolutely incredible.






And so concludes my little trip to France.

 I'm definitely living my dream here in Europe, and my adventure has hardly even begun. I don't know where this road is going to lead me to next, but I do know that I am ready to follow it.

I love you all, and I'll write again soon.

Keep smiling!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP