Une Journée Sans Voitures

 Sunday, September 25, 2011

Once a year, Brussels does this incredibly bizzare thing. To limit pollution, all cars are banned in the city for an entire day. (Well, you know, minus Ambulances and stuff.) Its absolutely insane!

I had just barely managed to wrap my Small-Town-Mind around the idea of cars being everywhere, then suddenly the cars were gone and they were replaced by bikes, rollerblades, and even horses!




It was absolutely insane. We went for a ride on our bikes through the city, and it was the wierdest feeling to be able to just ride your bike in the middle of the road without worrying about being squished. I absolutely loved it. Once again I say, why hasn't America caught on to this wonderful idea? We could learn a thing or two from these Belgians.

3 comments:

Kim September 25, 2011 at 6:27 AM  

I LOVE this idea. Awesome.

Linds and Walt September 25, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

Seriously, I LOVE this. What a fun experience and cool idea.

Stephanie September 30, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

Morgan I absolutely loved la journée sans voitures when I was there. that was the best way to get a great view of brussels. honestly I don't think it would work in America if we tried. haha

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP