You've Got Mail

 Saturday, December 10, 2011

Nothing brings me the same kind of joy as coming home to find a neat little envelope with my name on it waiting for me there. Email is great and all (and there is NO way I would survive this experience without Skype) but there is something uniquely thrilling about a little old fashioned communication.



ONLY my Daddy would send a Christmas letter with a sketch of a Zombie saying "Have a Merry Christmas, or I'll eat your brains!". I guess its no mystery where I get my dorkiness from, eh?

I got a special kick out of the letters from the Barton girls. My favorite line came from Rachel, "You are beautiful like a rose". Can I get a "awwwww"? =] This is a drawing of me at the Eiffel Tower by Tyler. I seriously have the greatest family.


But the great thing about having an awesome family is that sometimes you get more than a little envelope. . . you get a giant package full of all sorts of goodies. =]




I left the packages to be opened at Christmas, but I couldn't resist the Giant sock. I couldn't help myself, it was practically begging to be opened.







Yes, that is me kissing a box of Nerds. You don't understand, I was excited. =]

Thank you, Mommy and Daddy. I love you.

2 comments:

Kim December 10, 2011 at 7:31 AM  

I'm so glad you got your package! The Barton girls were sweet when we wrote those letters. Isn't Tyler an artist? I think you have no idea how much the little people in our families look up to you. I love you! See you tomorrow on my computer screen!

Nan December 13, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

I love that Eiffel Tower picture that Tyler drew. We are thinking about you all the time and hope that you are loving your adventure, because we love hearing about it! Love you!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP